Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GET 17.
Fitness Tracker: Fitbit Charge 2 HR
Top: F&F Active (To be replaced)
Bra: Reebok High Impact Z63962
Trousers: New Balance Impact Carpri DAF
Today was more of a walk than a run today, I didn’t manage to break any records or anything today. My pace was overall slower today as I’m taking a break from the couch to 5k and just did a 30 minute brisk walk today keeping a steady 5.6km/h.
When we came home, myself and Splintor cooked up a really nice dinner. We had some thin beef strips, we roasted some carrots, parsnips and potatoes then we sauteed off some mushrooms in some butter and olive oil.
Everything took 40mins to cook in total and I’ll give the instructions down below.
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Parsnip
- 4 small potatoes (about the same size)
- 150g of thin beef steaks
- 50g of button mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Teaspoon of butter
- Rosemary & Thyme
- Preheat your oven to 180° while you’re getting everything prepared.
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil into a baking tin and pop it in the oven to let the dish & oil warm up while you’re preparing the potatoes
- With the skin on take the potatoes & generously coat them in olive oil, salt & pepper.
- With oven gloves remove your dish from the oven and place your potatoes in the tray and pop them back in the oven leave them for 40 minutes.
- Prep your carrots and parsnips by cutting them into equal sizes and covering them with olive oil popping them onto a oven tray for 20 minutes. (Drissling a little honey over them for the last 5 minutes is a nice touch)
- Bring your steaks up to room temperature and then coat them generously with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place them on a preheated skillet for 3 minutes total and let to rest for 3 minutes.
- Sauteé some mushrooms by cooking them in a pan with equal parts butter and olive oil for 5 minutes until a desired colour.